Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thing Eleven

It was very interesting reading the blogs of other participants. I have felt like I needed to hurry through all the things and haven't spent a lot of time just "doing" the things. I hope that all of these helps will still be available when the time is up.

I felt better finding that their a few people out there like me who are a little taken aback by all that is available. I hope they will take some comfort in the fact that they are not alone as well.

Having comments to my blog had both a positive and negative affect. The good thing is that someone actually is reading what I write. The bad was OMG!! people will actually read what I write.

I think connection to others is important because teachers have historically been closed in our rooms and can tend to be isolated. I find that even in my own building there isn't much time to share with others. This is one way to feel connected to people who are in the same boat who would be willing to share their life preserver.

This could be a great way for kids to share their writing. If they know that people will actually read what they write, they would have more incentive to express themselves in ways they might not with they come face to face with (oops ended in a preposition) The yenta in me also worries about that as well. Too many news stories, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment